Spiro Mounds Archaeological Center - Located near Spiro in eastern Oklahoma just a few miles west of the Oklahoma/Arkansas border. It is the only prehistoric Native American archaeological site in Oklahoma that is open to the public. The site includes 150 acres of land with 12 mounds. Much of the Spiro culture is still a mystery but they had a sophisticated culture with an extensive trade network and a political system with economic ties from the Gulf of California to the coast of Virginia to the Gulf of Mexico to the Great Lakes. The center has exhibits and a slide show. There are two miles of interpretive trails and a ½ mile nature trail.
Museum of the Red River - Some of the finest examples of American Indian art and artifacts are found at the Museum of the Red River. Housing over 20,000 objects in its collections, the Museum sponsors exhibits, lectures, and other programs, and supports ongoing research efforts in the study of American native peoples.
Muscle Car Legends Musuem - Yep, right there at the junction of Hwy 70 and 259 there's a theater (the only one) for the small town and right next door is this Muscle Car Museum. The guy that runs it is the son of the owner and boy is he is full of information!
Pittsburg County Genealogical & Historical Society - Located in the old Busby Office Building. The building was built in 1903 by the Great Western Coal and Coke Company. It was placed on the National Register of Historical Places.
Forest Heritage Center - Visitors to the Center's museum will find historical documents, antique forestry tools, wood art, homestead memorabilia, and a research library filled with books, periodicals, and other materials pertaining to forestry. The Center is also home to 14 dioramas that cover Prehistoric Forests, Caddo Indians, Papermaking in the South, 1940's Lumbering, and Forest Appreciation.
Krebs Heritage Museum - Dedicated to preserving the physical legacy and the experiences of the immigrants, Native Americans, and others that developed the area known as Krebs and the surrounding towns which all owe their existence, in great part to the development of the coal industry in the last quarter of the 19th century.
Frisco Depot Museum - The depot as it currently stands was built and in operation in 1914 and continued in use until the 1960s when it was abandoned. The Choctaw County Historical Society obtained ownership of the Frisco Depot in 1978 and began its restoration to form the Frisco Depot Museum.
W W Trading Post & Canoe - Canoe and Kayak Rentals on the Lower Mountain Fork River Since 1988. Offer Half Day trips to Overnight Trips.